We’re looking for six visual artists to take part in Step Up, our new Suffolk-based inclusive professional development programme.
If you are a visual artist with an interest in collaboration and learning new skills, Step Up offers you an exciting opportunity to develop your skills by working as part of a partnership.
Each of the six artists will be paired with a learning disabled artist. Together, they will look at areas of their practice that they would like to develop.
Over the course of a year they will:
• Learn new skills from each other through ten monthly meetings
• Share their practice with the group of 12 artists
• Attend a series of four bespoke skills workshops to develop their professional practice
• Exhibit their work in a public venue
• Gain experience in communicating their ideas to other people
Payment and expenses
Expenses will be paid for travel to workshops, monthly meetings and visits to galleries.
Each artist will be given a fee for leading one practice sharing workshop and will be given a materials budget.
Sharing workshops and skills workshops will be held at the University of Suffolk’s Waterfront Studios in Ipswich. Artists monthly meetings will take place at a venue convenient to both.
• Information sessions for applicants will be held in October 2017
• Pairs of artists will be confirmed by November 2017
• Monthly meetings will take place between November 2017 and September 2018
• Skills workshops will begin in January 2018
• The final exhibition will be held at the Jerwood DanceHouse in August 2018
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and return it to us by the end of October 2017.
For more information please contact Charlie Meyer, email@example.com / 01986 873955.